Friday, December 9, 2016

Indeed, This Will Turn Out For My Deliverance


Distress and anguish fill him with terror; troubles overwhelm him, like a king poised to attack,
Job 15:24

For the past 20 plus years, my life has been filled with trial after trial. There were many years of pain with no end in sight and I'm still going through trials that seem to rip my heart right out of my chest.

Going through these things, I'm reminded of Job.  Job was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil (Job 1:1). He was a much better person that I am!

Some days, I am more like Job's wife. Some days I want to curse God and die (Job 2:9).  But Job trusted God. He was in anguish, but He knew God was faithful. After Job lost everything, He still had faith that God's ways were the best:


"Naked I came from my mother's womb, 
and naked I will depart.
the Lord gave and the Lord has taken
away; may the name of the Lord
be praise."  Job 1:21


How many of us would have this same response if we had just lost everything?  I doubt I would.

We have to decide whether we are going to live our life fearing what might come or we stand firm and trust that God is with us even in the worst of times (Psalm 112:7).   God NEVER fails. It's impossible for Him to fail.

The anguish that you and I might be going through right now is nothing compared to what awaits us (Romans 8:18). We can be sure of that.

Job knew that everything he was going through was going was going to turn out for his deliverance (Job 13:16). In fact, things turned out much better than they were before:


the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him
twice as much as he had before.  Job 42:10

and

The Lord blessed the latter part of Job's life
more than the former part.  Job 42:12

Job trusted and believe that God knew what He was doing. He didn't fear for his future because he knew his future was secure.  Choose to let go of fear and trust the Lord with your future.  He has a plan that is far better than you can ever imagine (Jeremiah 29:11)!



1 comment:

  1. It's always great to be reminded that no matter what we are going through, God sees us and is working for our deliverance from it. I'm sorry for all your troubles, Jessica. It's no fun in the midst of strife no matter the knowledge we'll come out stronger on God's side.

    ReplyDelete