Saturday, July 15, 2017

Don't Forget His Promises



For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ.
And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the
glory of God.  2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV

I have been going through life full of stress and anxiety lately.  I have been worrying about things that are completely out of my hands and fully in God's. I walk around like a zombie and have withdrawn from so many people who love me.  I have forgotten about God's promises to me.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 
1 Peter 5:7 NIV

I have been doing the exact opposite of what this verse is telling me to do. I have been hoarding my cares like they are some treasure meant to be kept and valued.  I read his Word, but don't accept it as truth  and life.  I have bought into the lie that God's promises are meant for everyone but me.  
As a Christian, my life should reflect the hope and trust and joy I have in Christ, but it's been far from that.
 
But today, that changes. I will choose whom I will serve.  I won't choose anxiety and fear anymore.  I won't choose bitterness and hate.  I will choose to serve the One who forgives and the One who loves me unconditionally.  He's the One who chose to die for me even though He knew how many times I would go my own way.

I will choose to remember the countless promises my God made to me.  They are far greater than any fear I face today.  

He has promised that I'm a new creation.  2 Corinthians 5:17
He has promised to give me strength and power.  Isaiah 40:29
He promised forgiveness.  1 John 1:9
He promised to never leave me or forsake me.  Deuteronomy 31:8
He promised he would give me a future.  Jeremiah 29:11
He promised to fight my battles.  Exodus 14:14

These are just a few of the many promises the Lord has for ALL of us.  I know I'm not the only one needing this reminder today.  If God is for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31)?   Satan may try, but he won't succeed (Isaiah 54:17) unless we let him!  


I pray we all remember this today.  



2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful and sweet post, RICH with scripture. Thank you! God bless you sister. (hugs in Christ)
    http://grandmamarymartha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Cheering out loud as I read. Trust Him always and He'll prove SO faithful! I know for sure because He's been by my side through hell and back again.

    ReplyDelete