Thursday, February 1, 2018

Face To Face With Evil

Today my ex-husband, biological father of my children, was sentenced to prison for the abuse they had to suffer.  I can honestly say that I was face to face with evil today.

When my oldest daughter and I gave our statements, we made him look us in the eyes. He smirked and glared, showing no remorse. I was not surprised.  My daughter, on the other hand, desperately wanted him to be sorry for what he had done to her and her two sisters.

Sometimes we'll never know the reasons why we have to go through certain things; things so painful that it feels like we will never survive.  Things I know I would have never survived without the love of Jesus.  But I DO know why we had to go through what we went through. We have to show the hurting and broken people of this world that they can overcome. There is victory beyond the battle.  Nothing that has happened is too big or too painful to rise above.

God knows your pain and he is ready and waiting to give you beauty for the ashes.

To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair.  In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
Isaiah 61:3

3 comments:

  1. Such a tragedy. I'm sorry for your family's pain, and pray God will redeem you in such a way, it will be obvious to many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry you had to go through this. I too know first hand the healing powers of Jesus as I am an adult survivor of childhood abuse. And there is definitely victory beyond the battle, for HIS glory. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete