Tuesday, December 15, 2015

He's Waiting

But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices. Psalm 82:11-12

If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored. Joel 22:23

There have been many times when I have ignored God and gone my own way. I bought into the lie that I knew what was best for me and I just wanted to do what I wanted to do (Romans 1:25). It never ended well.
The good news is, I was able to cry out to God each and every time I strayed and He took me back each and every time. The Lord says to return to Him and He will return to you (Zechariah 1:3). He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love (Joel 2:13).
We are so much harder on ourselves than Jesus is. When He died for our sins, he meant it. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). He says he will not always accuse and he will not treat us as our sins deserve (Psalm 103:9-10).  We are no longer supposed to live in guilt.
Is guilt or shame keeping you from a relationship with Jesus?  Just know how much you are forgiven and loved.

Run to Jesus. His arm is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear (Isaiah 59:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment