Saturday, December 19, 2015

Finding Satisfaction


Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:13-14

I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.  Psalm 63:4-5

You give and you give, while they keep taking and taking. You're empty; you're longing for affection. You search, but nothing satisfies.

Your soul craves more than the ordinary; your heart begs to be loved. You are lost and just want to be found.

The Lord says that if we delight in Him, He will give us the desires of our heart (Psalm 37:4).  The answer to all of our longing is Jesus. He will always guide us and satisfy us (Isaiah  58:11).

We were created to love God.  It says in Psalm 84:2 that our soul yearns and our heart and flesh cry out for the living God. Nothing of this world will truly fulfill us.

The Lord longs to be gracious and show compassion (Isaiah 30:18). He is waiting on YOU to seek Him with all of your heart and soul (Deuteronomy 4:29) and look to Him to fill your empty places. He is the the only One who can satisfy your deepest desires.

Let Jesus fill your soul. Seek Him and find Him. Chase after the One who created your innermost being. Let His love be all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment