Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Head Full of Doubt

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said. "why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:31

There are always whispers in my ear that convince me to doubt, even though I know what God's Word says. Sometimes I think there is no way out of the mess I am in.  I will worry and complain and become depressed and anxious. My problems seem too big for God.

Jesus said that if we have faith in God and do not doubt, we can move mountains (Mark 11:22-25)!  How can we have that kind of faith?

When I start to feel doubt creep in, I start dwelling on what God has already done for me (Ecclesiastes 7:13).  Our lives are full of miracles if we would just look for them.

God miraculously saved me from an abusive marriage. He put people in my life at just the right time to help me escape from a life of hell. He has provided for me when there was literally nothing there (Philippians 4:19). He has healed me and delivered me from the lies I believed for so long. He has provided a godly therapist and people who are working to bring justice to my children. What the Lord has done for me is too much to write.  

That leaves no room for doubt.

Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me (Isaiah 46:9 NLT).

2 comments: