Friday, January 29, 2016

Ordinary but Extraordinary


When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.  Acts 4:13

I don't have a college degree. I've been a mother since I was 18 and that has been my job.  I've often beaten myself up because I never thought I was qualified to do anything but take care of my kids,  but that's not true.

I don't have to be eloquent or full of human wisdom to proclaim to you the testimony of God (1 Corinthians 2:1).  He has done, and continues to do, some pretty miraculous things in my life.  All I have to do is be transparent. 

People are starving for the authentic. They want to see the real thing; real people. They don't care about your education. They care about your life...what you have experienced...what you have conquered.

The time of fraudulent perfection  is over. Everyone is sick of it. I'm sick of trying to be that. God has given the world an extraordinary gift and that gift is you and it's me. That gift contains the battles we have won (2 Chronicles 20:15) and the trials we have overcome. It's the fears and the failures that Jesus has turned into triumph.

So what, you're ordinary? So what, you're unschooled or weak? People will be anstonished because you have been with Jesus (Acts 4:13).

The world is listening.  Speak up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is SO good, Jessica. Your words and message encourage me deeply... We can be a testimony to Jesus no matter where we are in our lives! It's the gift He has given us, that can shine through our weakness and failures and triumphs and victories. It's really all about HIM and not us. I loved your last lines...

    "So what, you're ordinary? So what, you're unschooled or weak? People will be astonished because you have been with Jesus (Acts 4:13).

    The world is listening. Speak up." <--- AMEN to THAT.

    ReplyDelete