Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Jesus Is Enough

It's hard for me to be vulnerable...at least in front of people. Most of the time I'm strong and hopeful;  I know that everything will turn out okay. Today is not that day. Today I'm not okay.

My heart hurts. My mind is racing and guilt is consuming me. I'm sitting here this morning, trying to read my Bible, but I can't even open it.

All I can whisper is, "Jesus".

But that's enough.  His name is enough.

His name is above all names (Philippians 2:9). 

Jesus can handle all that I am feeling. While I am overwhelmed with emotion and too weak from the weight,  He is there. When I am weary and burdened, He will give me rest (Matthew 11:28). When there is so much darkness surrounding me, He is the light (1 John 1:5).

Jesus is enough.

He takes my worry and guilt and He gives me peace (2 Thessalonians 3:16) and joy (Romans 15:13). He has given me hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).  It doesn't matter how much pain I'm feeling in this temporary life, I'm going to fight the good fight, I will finish the race, and I will keep the faith (2 Timothy 4:7).

He is enough.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! There is so much pressure within Christian culture to appear "okay", but there is so much freedom found in admitting that we are not okay and Jesus is enough.

    ReplyDelete