Friday, April 15, 2016

Honesty

I woke up this morning feeling something I don't like. It's gnawing at me as I write this. I woke up feeling just a small amount of compassion for the man who hurt us; the man who brutally and unapologetically abused my girls. I don't want to feel this. He by no means deserves it. I want to hate him.

But more than that, I want to please Jesus.

I am trusting Him with this process. I know He knows where he is taking us and it's bigger than all of this pain and it's bigger than all of this trauma. He is taking us to a place of healing and restoration.

I won't lie, it hurts. It's the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy.

But I trust God.

None of what happened will define any of us. None of it will be wasted.
This is just the beginning for us. Our greater days are ahead (Haggai 2:9). 

My heart's desire is that lives will be changed because of the story we tell and to one day say it was all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. You have captured the beautiful and painful message of the gospel of Christ... "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Lovely words here friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart broke into a million pieces just reading your reference to what happened. I am so deeply moved by your ability to pour your heart into grace and take those faithful steps through forgiveness.

    May God bless you and your precious girls with complete healing and restoration!

    ReplyDelete