Thursday, May 14, 2015

Don't Believe The Lies

When you are broken, you don't see things the way they really are. You see them through the lenses of a lie. You start living your life that way. The person who taught me to love Jesus had walked away from Him.  Sin wasn't such a big deal anymore.  You live to please yourself, not God.

I put God on the back burner of my life. I knew He was there, but He didn't really matter much.  So, I started to drink with my friends a little. I started smoking pot a little. Sex was something I was talked into doing because it's just something everyone does. No big deal. But sin IS a big deal. Sin is death and it changes you.

 I believed the enemy when he told me that I didn't matter and that nobody loved me. It all starts as a whispered lie.  "You're not loved, Jessica", "You're ugly", "You are stupid", "You are worthless".  When we start believing these lies, we change.  If nobody can love us, then maybe God can't either. We make so many mistakes and do so many things that He tells us not to do, how could He love us?

That's just another lie. Satan loves to lie. John 8:44 says that when he lies, he speaks his native language. He is a liar and the father of lies. So why are we so quick to believe him?

God, on the other hand, is full of truth. It is absolutely impossible for him to deceive us. He does not lie (Titus 1:2).  When He says we are worth it (Romans 5:8), believe Him. When He says He loves us (John 3:16), believe Him.  He means it.  Ask God to show you what lies you have been believing about Him.

Take a minute right now and ask.

Now ask Jesus what the truth is.

Embrace that truth because when you know the Truth, it will definitely set you free (John 8:32).


If you need prayer, please email me at   jessicanc78@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment