Thursday, November 5, 2015

I Am Who He Says I Am

For too long, I believed I was worthless.
For too long, I looked for love in all the wrong places.
For too long, I thought God didn't approve.

I had been beaten down with the words "worthless" and "stupid" and so many more for so long that I believed that I was those things.  I believed that I was so damaged and unlovable that I was useless in this world. I let my abuser's words fill my whole being. His words were the only ones I heard.

I was so wrong. 
I was so deceived.

Our worth never belongs in someone else's hands. It is never based on our actions and it is never earned (Ephesians 2:9). God loved us from the beginning and sent Jesus to die for us when we didn't deserve it (Romans 5:8). We were intricately woven in the depths of the earth (Psalm 139:13-16) and when God looks at us, He sees our beauty and He sees our worth. He created us with such a great purpose in mind (Jeremiah 29:11) because we are his handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10).

Before we were ever conceived, God loved us. 

Our enemies and abusers don't have the right to tell us who we are. The Lord is the author and finisher of my faith and I will throw off everything that hinders me (Hebrews 12:1-2) and that includes the words that have been spoken to me and about me. I can be confident because I know I am who God says I am. 

I am a child of God (John 1:12)
I am His friend (John 15:15)
I am redeemed and justified (Romans 3:24)
I am not condemned (Romans 8:1)
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I am no longer a slave, but an heir (Galatians 4:7)
I am free (Galatians 5:1)




8 comments:

  1. Great Scriptures and well said, Jessica. Your list of Scriptures is such an easy reference to give to others who might also be feeling like they are the scum of the earth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible. I too struggled with those for many years and had to find my worth through God. I hope anyone who is struggling with these sees your post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! All I want is for God to use my pain

      Delete
  4. AMEN! My you live from this truth and the victory he has already instilled. You are worthy and loved and enough because HE is enough.:)

    http://unveiledandrevealed.com

    ReplyDelete