Wednesday, November 11, 2015

We Are Strong

I thought we would always have to live that way. I thought we couldn't escape. He made me believe I was worthless and stupid and nobody would ever want me. My self esteem was destroyed.

But I did escape. I was lifted out of the slimy pit and given a firm place to stand (Psalm 40:2).  God has put a new song in my heart (Psalm 40:3).

I didn't know how strong I actually was until I got away. I didn't see how much God had protected us. We would probably all be dead. But God....

He knew our story would change lives.

We have so much healing to go through. They have so many secrets to tell.  I don't understand why it all happened, but I do understand that this is not the end.  God will use this trauma and this abuse to tell a story that ends in victory (1 Corinthians 15:57).

My heart is broken and my spirit is crushed, but I know my Lord is close to me (Psalm 34:18) and He will heal my heart and bind my wounds (Psalm 147:3).

You are stronger than you think. 



4 comments:

  1. Oh Jessica... Praise God you escaped what seems to be a tragic existence. My heart aches for you- that you had to endure anything so brutal. Have you written about it? I'm so grateful you are free from whoever it was that held you captive. You DO have a story that ends in victory. God will use your faithful voice to help many who so desperately need hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to eventually write a book about our story. I'm actually in the process of writing a devotional based on my blog. Thank you for your encouragment. God has been so good to us.

      Delete
  2. "I don't know how strong I actually was until I got away" - when I think of the people who never take the opportunity to find our how strong they can be, it breaks my heart. We can trust God with our heaviest burdens. That first step to him is the hardest.

    ReplyDelete